I think we can all agree that Tuesdays are not as great as Fridays. However this Tuesday is my last day as a 24 year old which makes me feel the need to commemorate this incredible year. So here is a list of 24 things I did or accomplished in my 24th year of existence. I can only hope that 25 will be just as fun, challenging, and joyful.
24 Things I Did When I Was 24
1. Threw my very first birthday party
2. Made new friends and rekindled old friendships back home
4. Celebrated my sister’s graduation in Boston
5. Flooded my car in epic Hurricane Debby
6. Started training my first personal training client
7. Was awarded the Exceptional Contributor of the Year at work
8. Celebrated an amazing Fourth of July with my family and best friend at the beach
10. Moved to China!
11. Took a cruise to Japan
12. Joined a Crossfit gym and fell in love with the sport of fitness
13. Joined a net ball team (and was hit in the face with the ball too many times to count)
14. Became a columnist for American Women’s Club of Shanghai magazine
15. Celebrated Thanksgiving in Shanghai with fellow expats
16. Mourned my dog Holly’s passing
18. Completed the 365 photography project! One photo every day for 365 days in a total of 4 countries!
19. Moved to Malaysia!
21. Graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition
22. Launched my very own health coaching business
23. Celebrated an early birthday in Thailand on the Phi Phi Islands
24. Learned how to scuba dive in Thailand
Wow. What a year!!
I lived in 3 countries, traveled to 6 countries, and basically jumpstarted my life. I was stuck in a rut for a while but it all turned out ok in my 24th year. While I did many fun things with family and friends back at home, moving to China was the moment when my entire life changed.
Life as an expat is definitely not easy but it has thrown me out of my comfort zone and pushed me to try new things. I have officially caught the travel bug and want to visit as many places as I can and photograph the crap out of them.
It is amazing to see all the things that I have done and accomplished and it motivates me to make 25 even better. Who knows what this next year will bring but I plan on making it AWESOME.
Bring it on 25. Bring it on.